What: Up to 5 Assistant Dance Leaders/Student Ambassadors for a project with secondary schools and weekly project at Plymouth University.
Application Deadline: Monday 5th June 2017 by 5pm
Interview/ Audition date: Thursday 13th July
Training day: Thursday 27th July
Start date: W/C 11th September
Purpose of post: Exim Dance Company is seeking applicants from current dance or theatre student or a recent graduates (within the last 2 years) of Plymouth University, Marjons or Plymouth College of Art. The assistants will support the lead practitioners in Exim Dance Company as part of a project-taking dance into secondary schools across the South West in partnership with Plymouth University. Exim will provide the post holder with on-the-job training in teaching dance in a variety of community and educational settings.
• Work as part of a team assisting the lead practitioner in the planning and delivery of dance workshops in schools and colleges in a variety of locations across the South West.
• Co-lead student life talks to school students (year 9 to year 13)
• Assist in the evaluation and data capture process.
Key Qualifications / Experience:
• Dance to a high standard
• Excellent team working skills
• Some experience of teaching dance (desirable but not essential)
• Leadership qualification in Dance (desirable but not essential)
• Excellent communication, time keeping and organisation skills
• You will be a current student (or recent graduate) on a performing arts course at Plymouth University, Marjons or Plymouth School of Art
Please note the successful candidates will be subject to a DBS check. The assistants will be expected to work towards a level 1 qualification in dance leadership if they don’t already have one, all costs relating to this will be covered by Exim.
For more information or for an application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Exim Dance Company please visit http://www.eximdance.org.uk